Gulf countries have large industrial communities with a great workforce exposed to various hazardous agents in their occupations. Despite the rapid advances in health, Kuwait faces a range of important occupational health challenges such as providing safer and healthier work environments, reducing environmental hazards, effectiveness of health policies, promotion of healthy lifestyles and behaviors. Kuwait needs to significantly strengthen the work force by providing appropriate training in addressing issues in Occupational health safety and environment.
Given the above scenario, The Health, Safety and Environment Forum will discuss best practices, process improvements ,technological advancements and innovative applications to enhance HSE performance in Kuwait while being happy at work .The stage is for a neutral platform where a wide range of perspectives and concerns from a variety of stakeholders can be explored thereby creating new avenues of business.
Safety and security challenges
- Demands for the implementing of sustainable workplace safety and health programmes to protect workers are rising day-by-day.
- Deploying video surveillance under challenging circumstances such as influence of outside lighting, threat of vandalism, etc is one of the topmost priorities in the country.
- Road accidents are on the rise
- A hygienic, healthy and risk-free work environment affected the level of happiness employees felt at work.
- Technologies such as sensorequipped wearable, digital beacons and augmented reality provide realtime interaction for workers with the work environment and safety/risk management system processes and procedures.
- Safety professionals need to embrace the future and help define what new technology and data can bring their professions, not be worried about it, but define what the future path. There’s a digital revolution underway in the EHS field, and the more prepared you are for it, the safer your workforce will be.