Samir Benmebarek is the Drilling, Well Operations and Logistics HSE Manager with ZADCO Corporate HSE Department. He responsible for providing expert advisory support on all HSE related matters within the framework of ZADCO HSEMS.
Samir Benmebarek is a Chartered Engineer with nearly 34 years of experience in the Upstream, Downstream and Major Projects in the Petrochemical and Oil & Gas Industry.
The scope of his current and previous involvements include:
- Driving the promoting of HSE awareness and safe working practices on all ZADCO Operating and Projects’ sites.
- Directing the development, structuring and maintaining of the incident reporting and investigation processes, and ensuring specialist support is provided for all incident investigations.
- Overseeing the due diligence review and endorsement of dispensation requests for all the operational and project requirements; in line with the Company Management of Change/Dispensation procedure.
- Managing the provision of Operational HSE expertise to support the verification of closure of critical HSE action items arising from HSE Audits, Risk Assessments, HSEIA’s, Incident Investigations and HSE Initiatives & programs.
- Overseeing the Operations’ input in the update of the Sites and Projects’ HSE Risk Register.
- Managing the review and monitoring of the maintenance, inspection and testing of HSE Critical Systems and Equipment.
Some key areas of expertise from his extensive career are:
- The active development, mapping, roll out and implementation of critical processes required to establish structured HSE Management Systems, that align with ISO 9000, OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001 requirements.
- The expert knowledge in setting up Corporate Risk Management Frameworks covering all E&P risk domains (including ERM and asset specific operational risks).
- Managing the PMT HSE function within the ADNOC Regulatory Framework and delivering integrated multiple HSEIA’s in complex Major Projects’ environment; in addition to developing applicable SIMOPS Guidelines and Procedures.